Monday, December 5, 2011

Old Art Dump

So, I could go through and individually upload all my drawings up until now, or I could just toss them into one big post. :D So that's what I'm going to do! And I'll do the same with my 3D work, then just upload new things from there. Sounds like a plan to me!

I primarily draw using Prismacolor markers and Prismacolor pencils. Digitally I use Photoshop CS5.

Here's a link to the Imgur gallery as well.



^^ My final for my Concept Art class. 


^^ Another piece for Concept Art. 4 point turnaround of a crane for a short story I never finished.




^^ Also for Concept Art. A mood piece for the Cicada Princess short. I wasn't directly involved with the project, but our teacher was. This was an assignment to try and capture the mood of a story in a single image.


 ^^ Concept Art. A free association drawing combining elements of 6 different paintings, photos, sculptures, and a textbook page on cellular respiration. Really fun and interesting assignment.


^^ One of the oldest drawings I still have around. This was done for a contest for The Chronicle of the Horse magazine, and ended up being the cover art for the May 18th, 2007 edition. I was only 17! (A little bit of the article was adlibbed by whoever wrote it, so some things I said for the interview are off. I don't have an older sister, and I have no idea where Art Deco came from! =P)


^^ Also for the Concept Art class. A color theory assignment. We had to use markers to create a piece that used complimentary colors, and I went with purple and yellow because it's a difficult combination.This was also the first finished drawing of my fish ladies, who continue to show up in my artwork.


^^ Drawn as a donation for the Northern Mines Pony Club Dressage Show fundraiser. It is now owned by Karen and Rod Hiskins.


^^ Skulls! Drawn during my Drawing Bootcamp class, which truly deserved the tile "Bootcamp". That class kicked my butt! It really helped me improve as an artist, though. :D 


^^ An environment test for the short story I never finished. I found out I liked drawing clouds more than cities, so my buildings are sadly lacking...


^^ A quick digital doodle. Loosely based off my cat. 


^^ Art Nouveau Salamander. I love salamanders!


^^ The marker version of the Art Nouveau Salamander.


^^ A digital painting for the end credits for The Quar.


^^ Lineart I never finished coloring of an Art Nouveau t-rex. I should finish this someday!


^^ A commissioned painting of Princess Linda, who has since sadly passed away.  


^^ A slightly better image of the Princess Linda painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment